Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Crawl-A-See-Um to Minutes Like Glaciers

So what are your thoughts on Heaven is for Real!? So far it has been a difficult read because my heart aches for Colton and his parents. I am very glad Burpo put the Arby's story in the Prologue because as I read I know Colton will be okay.

I am only going to do a review up to Chapter 10 because I think there is so much you can discuss already from these Chapters. One part of the book that struck me was in the second chapter when Burpo was telling about his "pitty party" for himself. I admire Burpo when he quickly recognized and humbled himself when he remembered what Jesus did for us. I am presently working on having this kind of attitude on life and understanding what God is doing in my life. It is easy to get upset and have a pity party when things are not going right, or the way you think they should be. However it is in those moments that we can learn a great deal if we open our heart to God.

The next few chapters is when the reading got pretty hard. I cannot fathom what Burpo must have had felt hearing his little boy cry for him on the other side of the curtain. Ugh, just terrible!
I thought it was interested in chapter 9 when Burpo explained a prayer chain. He tells us:
"Scripture says that God answered the prayers, not of the sick or dying, but of the friends of the sick or dying-the paralytic, for example. It was when Jesus saw the faith of the man's friends that he told the paralytic, 'Get up, take your mat and go home".
I never understood prayer chains in this way! I'm not exactly sure what I thought when I was praying before. I guess I just thought I was praying for people to let God know they are in our thoughts. I now better understand the meaning and I know what praying for others can do. Hearing this excites me and I will be praying for others much more now! :) Also, I was always thankful when others told me they were praying for me, but now fully understanding what praying for others can do makes me appreciate it even more.

What are your thoughts up to Chapter 10? I would love to hear what you all think so please share! Although I know in the end he gets better, I hope he gets better soon in the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!! :)