Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

My Review of the Hunger Games

I was almost finished with reading the Hunger Games when I heard the book was coming out on movie. I was ecstatic. I went running downstairs to my fiance and told him how much he was going to love the movie and went on and on about how fantastic it was going to be...well much like my other movie reviews I may have overdone it a little. (I will always stand by my review of Elf...one of the best movies ever!)

My fiance (who has not read the book) said he liked it. Not sure if he was just saying that to be nice, or if he really did. :) I was somewhat disappointed. At first I couldn't pinpoint why the movie was not as good as the book. The casting of the movie was amazing. I really don't think they could have casted anyone better for each character. I enjoyed seeing the visuals of the capital and each district. I just cant pinpoint exactly why the movie is not as good as the book, but is the movie ever as good as the book?

When you read a book you understand the characters much more. You know more of their past and why their story. For now on I think I will watch the movie and then read the book. It will be like getting to know the character more! I cannot wait to do this with Catching Fire because I couldn't wait to read the next one. I am going to do this with Twilight for sure though!


Through this entire experience it really made me appreciate reading a book more. I have always been a TV and movie watcher. Never really could get into reading. I have been enjoying books more lately, but now that I know how much more you get from reading a book than watching a movie, I get why my Mom gets into reading so much.

So if you haven't read the Hunger Games, I recommend watching the movie first. Then you have to read the book! If you have read the book I still recommend the movie. After you see it you should back here and let me know what you thought! I would love to know if you had the same experience as I did.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Thanks for reading!

XX

Abbey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!! :)