Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

True Friends

While on Twitter today I came across this article from Forbes: Types of Friends You Dont Need to Have

As I read the article I chuckled at a few of the types of friends Rogers listed but it actually hit home for me because not only do I have friends like this, unfortunately I may be one of them!!

I know many people complain that they are so busy, but seriously I am Busy!! I am not complaining though, my life is great and so many things are happening right now that I am so thankful for. Class Monday night, Tuesday night Thursday morning and soon Thursday night, adding onto that the work involved for those classes, plus household chores, the duties of being a stay at home mom, decorating projects and family time. PLUS planning a wedding and working on starting a business! I love doing each of these, but finding time to hang out with friends can be difficult. Therefore I may have become the "Flaky Friend".

My intentions are always good and I want to hang out very badly. The problem is things pile up and before I know it the "we should hang out next week" turns into next month...or sadly the month after. I think sometimes in life you have to have these realizations to make you understand the priorities in life. I also think that unlike when we were younger, its not about how the quantity of friends you have but the quality.

Although sometimes it is difficult to always get together, I know my true friends know that I love them and although I wish to hang out more often I just can't do it as much now. It also makes you make the most of the time you do spend with your friends, and sometimes helps you eliminate those people who you thought were your "friends" but they actually were not.

I can name quite a few of my friends that even though I do not see them every weekend or sometimes even every month we are able to catch up on the phone and when I do see them its like we never missed a beat!

I do agree with the article that if you are spending time looking at your "friends" on facebook to catch up on their lives you should instead use that time to actually catch up with your true friends in person.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and is able to spend some quality time with some quality friends/family!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!! :)