Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Beginning of Insanity

Insanity is here and it begins! My journey to get fit, healthy and STRONG! :)

I have always wanted to be fit and strong but never fully reached my goal. Even when I was on Team Fredbird and at a weight that I was happy with, I still wanted to have more muscle and strength.

After having a baby I was thinking I would give up on the whole idea. If I could just loose that baby weight and get back to where I was when I was at my ideal weight, I would be happy. Well now I  have reached my goal weight, but my body is different after having a baby. So now what?

Now it is time for some Insanity. :)



When I got the box I immediately got nervous. What did I do!? I don't look anything like these people on the box. Am I going to be able to do this?

As you go through the book there are different DVDs and in the back there is a calendar that maps out your workouts. There is also a nutrition guide. That is my favorite part.

The nutrition part not only helps you figure out your calories but it also gives you meals to choose from! I often struggle even coming up with meal ideas for my family. Now I not only have meal ideas but it even tells you how to make them!!

Now my Fiance and little man Max may not be thrilled with always eating this new way but that is okay because I can still eat healthy and make them something different. For example, there is a healthy pizza recipe in the book. So if they want to order pizza one night I can make mine and still feel a part of pizza night! :)


I know this is going to be hard work and a lot of dedication but I am ready for the challenge. Once I get the hang of it I would really love to be a Beachbody coach! I'm just going to take it one day at a time though and focus on getting through Insanity.

I did the Fit Test yesterday but I am not going to start until next week. Let me tell you...that was not easy! I am feeling it today. I am not starting until next week because I like the rest day being on Sunday so starting on Tuesday will work best. Plus I can get my grocery shopping done so I am ready to roll! At first I thought that would be perfect because I can eat whatever I want on this Labor day weekend but after thinking about it some more I don't think I am going to do that. I don't want to make it even harder for Tuesday. Next purchase I am going to make is the Shakeology drink. I am excited to see how it tastes!

If you do any of these programs please email me at abbeycarmen14@yahoo.com or comment below! I would love to have a work out buddy so we can motivate each other!!

It was a hard decision to make if I wanted to put my before pictures on here but I decided to go for it. Why not? If I am going to write about my journey I should show some before pictures so people can actually see if there is progress right? I took my photos myself so they aren't the best but here they are:


 
 

AHHH!!! Haha that was tough to do. Notice how the pictures are the smallest setting possible?  :)  Gives me even more motivation and excitement to make some changes though! My biggest problem area is my mid section. That has always been a tough spot for me but even more so after having my little boy 2 years ago. My arms have also been challenging for me to tone so I am excited to see what happens!

Well, here I go!! I will update my blog once a week with how the working out and new eating plan are both going. Wish me luck! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!! :)