Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Racking Up the Slashes

Busy week this week but it is only going to get busier because this girl got another job!

I heard a speaker not too long ago at a networking conference say how the more slashes you have the better when you are looking for you dream job. For example:
                                     
                                    Web designer/ Team Leader/ Blogger/ Teacher

My new additional slash is not what I went to school for but I am certain it will help me in moving forward. I will be starting my new job on Monday at a restaurant in the St. Louis area.

I will only be working nights and weekends so I can still stay home with my son Max and help my fiance out with his business. I know this is not going to be easy but that is okay with me. I want to find my career and the best way to do that is to get out there and meet people. One big plus is the restaurant I will be working at has a great atmosphere!

See more great quotes I love here
It isn't easy being a twenty something year old. This is the time where we have to work hard for our dreams and push ourselves. I used to be the girl that was waiting on the side for the perfect opportunity but I am seeing now that the only way to find that opportunity is to go out and get it yourself. Being a twenty something year old is not easy but it is a critical time that can make you see your full potential. How exciting! Nobody can do this for you. Maybe it isn't the way I thought I would start out but that is okay! At least I am doing something to move forward.

Being a Mother will always be my number one priority. I can't really call it a job because that seems weird to me. Being a Mother is and always will be my dream in life. Nothing will beat the pride that I have in my son and being his mother. I want to make him proud and be able to teach him how I went out and made something of myself. I want to show him how we are capable of so many things and never to limit yourself. Most of all I want to show him how when you allow God to be in your life, nothing is impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!! :)