Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thoughts for Thursday

Hey!

Have you ever taken the Meyers-Briggs Type indicator test? This thing is AMAZING.
Creepy amazing.

My fiance and I had to take a couple of tests for marriage prep and the Meyers-Briggs was one of them. I remember taking this test in college but I didn't give it much thought. How much could a test really tell you about your personality?

Well tonight I realized this test is more legit than I thought. It not only told me more about myself than I realized but it was amazing how perfectly it described our relationship.

If you have never taken this test I suggest you do.

You know who you are. You know what you like and what makes you happy or what makes you uncomfortable. So why take the test?

The test helped me realize a few things. One major realization was, this is who I am. I am an ENFJ. As I read through the description of an ENFJ I felt as if someone was telling me more about myself than I even knew. Why do I try to change these things about myself? This description is EXACTLY who I am and you know what, I like this description! :)

Then we went on to read our relationship description with our two personality types. Ryan and I couldn't stop laughing. It was like the lady who was reading it to us had known us forever. Better than even our friends or family.

We actually only had one letter different. We are more alike than we thought! Hearing what we need to work on and be aware of really helped us. You would think after 6 years we would have this down but it made us realize why we have certain arguments we do. We just do those things differently because of the type of people we are! Now that we are aware of this, we know how to work with it and not take things personally.

This is also a great test to take for people who are looking for a job. Once you know your personality type you can see what jobs you match up with.

Overall this test gave me a little bit more confidence in knowing who I am. It is wild how as we get older we realize who we are when we are no longer trying to conform to what everyone else thinks we should be. Once you get that feeling of not caring and you realize God made you a certain way, you become more comfortable in your own skin. You are who you are for a reason. Be aware of your strengths and your weaknesses. Be happy with who you are. You were made this way for a reason. When you are confident in who you are and how you feel, you are less likely to be distracted about what others think about you. And that is such a freeing, peaceful and wonderful feeling.

Have you taken this test? Which personality type are you? I found out that ENFJs only make up 3% of the population! Guess who else is an ENFJ? Oprah Winfrey. So cool! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!! :)